How To Groom Your Own Brows At Home.
Going to get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, and plucked can add up to 20 bucks a month or more. Especially for those of us blessed/cursed with full and thick eyebrows.
As I started my first year of college on a very strict budget I had to decide what I could afford each month. My eyebrow grooming habits did not make the cut (or wax for puns sake).
I began to do my own instead. Started with trial and error like most things, but I found what works. Now I have 20 extra bucks in my pocket.
Steps for at home brows:
Find the natural shape of your brow and enhance the natural beauty of your brows.
First: find the start of your eyebrow.
- Mark the start of your brows using an eyebrow pencil by placing it vertically from the outside of your nostril and line it up with your eyebrow.
- Have that be where your eyebrows begin.
Second: find the end of your eyebrow.
- Again using your eyebrow pencil make a diagonal line this time. Still staring at the outer corner of your nostril with the pencil sweeping across your cheek bone and it should follow right to the corner of your eye.
- Continuing with your line, up and till you reach the eyebrow.
- That will be the natural end of your eyebrow.
Third: find the natural arch of your eyebrow.
For some this could be more straight or more dramatic, the best option is just to follow the natural eyebrow in order to have the best frame for your beautiful eyes.
- It should be located in the middle of your brow.
- A good marker for this is following straight up from your eye’s pupil.
- Then mark the point.
Four: connect the points you made on your brow.
- This should make your eyebrows look boxy and angular because you just established your brows shape.
Five: now wax and pluck.
- Remove the hair that falls outside the lines you just established
- This is also the time you decide if you prefer your brows more angular or round and make your plucks accordingly.
Next is style your new brows!
I recommended styling with a pencil using quick strokes to look like natural hairs with an
eyebrow gel to set brows in place.
So, grab your favorite products and fill them in!
I suggest Anastasia Beverly Hills. They are popular for their eyebrow line (plus are cruelty free and don’t test on animals).
Their products are sold at Ulta Beauty or Sephora or you can just buy directly from their website.
Tell me about how your at home brows turned out, Brianna Hamilton