Caring for your extensions is about the same as you would care for your own hair.
We all should be “babying” our hair a little more and showing it some love.
After all we rake through it with a brush, blast it with heat when we blow-dry, and style, we pull it up, tease it, expose it to the elements….etc. All right- you get the picture.
My 2 main tips to care for your hair extensions are HEAT PROTECTION and LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER.
If you go to the beach, you wear sunscreen so your skin won’t burn. So, if you are putting high heat on your hair you should be using a heat protector, so your hair doesn’t burn. Daily heat damages more than you think, and when you see the damage, it is too late. Prevention is key!
We moisturize our skin daily with a face cream and body lotion, so what about our hair? Don’t forget to give your locks some love too. A leave-in moisturizer is a must to keep your hair nourished. Most leave-in conditioners have a heat protector in them so you can get away with only having to use 1 product.
Protect your investment, and remember the old saying…”your hair is the crown you never take off.”
Caring for Extensions:
- Brush your hair with an extension brush while holding on to your hair at the roots.
- Don’t sleep with wet extensions.
- Don’t keep your extensions in longer than the recommended time.
- Shampoo your hair like normal- Don’t be afraid to scrub your scalp.
- Use a leave-in conditioner and heat protector every time you blow-dry or heat style.
- Call your extensionist if you have any questions or if something doesn’t feel right.
For more information, contact us directly at 415-409-1500 with questions or if you would like a consultation!