Don’t know how to cook but want to impress your friends and family?
These Crispy Potato Tacos are for you! These are easy and delicious to make!
My grandma taught me how to make these crispy tacos when I asked to teach me how to cook. She said if “If you don’t have much time, but want to serve a meal everyone will love, make this!”
- 6 potatoes
- 10 corn tortillas
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Lettuce/Sour Cream/Other Toppings
Let’s start cooking!
1. You will start by boiling about 6 potatoes. If you’re unsure how to boil food, there are many YouTube Videos, I will link one below.
2. You will peel your potatoes and mash them. You can mix them around with a spoon or mash them with a fork. Whichever utensil of your choice will work just fine.
3. Add about a tablespoon or garlic powder to your mashed potatoes and mix it in. Garlic powder is optional, you could replace it with salt if you prefer to do so or another spice or seasoning.
4. Microwave 20 corn tortillas for two minutes. They are not supposed to be “cooked,” just warmed-we will fry them later.
5. Now that all of your potatoes are mashed and seasoned, begin distributing a spoonful to each tortilla and folding the tortillas that now have mashed potato in them.
6. Now that all of your tortillas have mashed potato in them, the frying process begins.
7. Fill a pan with oil to the height where tacos could be covered and turn on medium heat.
8. After letting the oil warm for about a minute, start by placing tacos in the oil until browning begins.
9. Flip tacos while in the pan and place on a plate with napkin to limit excess grease.
10. Accessorize your crispy tacos with sour cream, lettuce, and other toppings of your choice!