Calling all sweet tooth’s, this is the best recipe for butter cookies that will melt in your mouth, something you cannot resist!
These cookies are so addicting and will melt in your mouth. Ditch the expensive cookie brands as this recipe will be your new favorite. The first time I made this, my friends thought I bought it I am not going to lie I was flattered but after baking more than a dozen batches myself after watching my mom literally perfect this recipe, I can guarantee that this recipe is as easy as it will get.
These sweet yet utterly simple butter cookies only require a handful of ingredients and is super easy to make.
The key for these cookies to melt in your mouth is the butter which must be softened and should be at room temperature. These cookies could be the perfect addition to a tea party or could even serve as a treat for your loved ones.
This makes about 36 bite sized cookies. Feel free to halve the measurements if you want to make a smaller batch.
• 1 1/2 cups (200 grams/7 ounces) all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup (60 grams/2.1 ounces) cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup (2 sticks/227 grams) butter, room temperature
• 1/3 cup (40 grams/1.4 ounces) powdered sugar, sifted
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup (60 grams/2.1 ounces) powdered sugar, sifted, for rolling
1. Sift together flour, cornstarch and salt in a medium bowl and set it aside.
2. For this step you can use either an electric mixer or a normal whisk. So in a different bowl beat the butter on medium speed for 30 seconds until creamy.
Then add powdered sugar and beat for about two more minutes until it becomes smooth.
3. Next beat in vanilla extract and then add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until all ingredients are combined. Make sure you do not over mix.
4. The dough should be soft and should be covered and let it chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours or until the dough is firm to ensure that the cookies will spread as little as possible when baking.
5. Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C and line a tray with parchment or wax paper.
6. If the cookie dough is too hard to handle or mold after refrigerating, let it rest outside on the counter for a few minutes to soften.
7. Optional- This step is completely up to you, but I like to add some sliced almonds and mix it into the dough while molding it to get the cookie shape. You could also add other ingredients like chocolate chips, other chopped nuts of your preference, chopped or diced dry fruits of your choice, etc. Just mix it into the dough before putting them onto the tray. This addition will undoubtedly help you customize your best recipe for butter cookies that will melt in your mouth.
8. Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, place rounded balls of dough onto the baking sheet. This could be approximately 1 inch/ 2.5 cm in diameter.
9. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until they start to brown at the edges.
10. Next, while the cookies are still warm, carefully roll them in powdered sugar, making sure it does not crumble and then transfer the cookies onto a wire rack for it to cool completely. And once its cooled you can roll them in powdered sugar one more time if desired (this completely up to you and your perception or level of sweetness).
11. The cookies can be stored in an air- tight container for up to a week at room temperature or they can also be frozen for up to a month.