Flan is a showstopper dessert that is sure to impress friends and family. It is perfect for any occasion!
Flan has been popular in many cultures throughout the years. The origin of this delicious dessert emerges from other parts of the world in Europe. It first started when the roman began to tame chickens and incorporated egg to different recipes. They came up with the Flan at that time called Tyropatina. The name Flan came later – it is a french word that means flat cake. Years have passed and the recipe of the Flan has change trough out the cultures.
I would like to share with you one of the most popular recipes with you. It is really easy to do and the ingredients can be found at any grocery store. You will need only 4 ingredients:
- Add 5 eggs, 1 can of condensed milk, and 1 cup of regular milk to the blender. Please make sure that you add the same amount of condensed and regular milk.
- After you mix everything let it rest while you do the most important part of the Flan – the Caramel. First, you add 4 tablespoons of sugar into a skillet and let it melt under medium heat until you see that the sugar is turning liquid and into a light brown color. Do not let it become too dark because it will develop a bitter flavor.
- Now, take any shape of mold you like and add the caramel all over the bottom of the mold. Let it harden a bit. Than pour the custard mixture into the hardened caramel-lined pan and let it rest on the top of the caramel.
- Bake the flan for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then let it cool down.
- The hardest part is to not eat it right away when it is still warm – you need to wait and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To take the Flan out of the mold, carefully run a knife around it
Yeah! That is all, now you have a homemade Flan ready to eat. Annie Martinez