We’ve all learned a few things from this year, here’s 20 things I learned in 2020
This year I kept thinking that it was a waste of a year, that I would have to wait this one out until I could finally grow and learn. Little did I know that those months in quarantine and remote working would lead me to some valuable lessons. I made a list of 20 things I learned in 2020, which has been a year of discovery of self.
20 Things I Learned in 2020
Below are some light-hearted and serious discoveries that I came across this year:
- I love my sweatpants
- Zoom is more than running fast
- Anti-bacterial dries out your skin
- Macne (mask acne) is a thing
- Vaccines are in again
- Family time isn’t so bad
- Blue light glasses are the new contacts
- Outdoor time is the best time
- It’s normal to feel lonely in isolation
- Politicians can be stressed too
- Never take traveling for granted
- Emotional support animals should be normalized
- 80s trends never died
- Social media is taking over the world
- True friends will reach out
- Resiliency is developed, not acquired
- Hardship is strengthening
- Boarders seem arbitrary until they’re closed
- Rules are meaningless unless they’re enforced
- Lastly, Love conquers all
*Bonus: 21. Get Disney+
The important things in life defined 2020.
Although these discoveries vary in intensity and meaningfulness, I felt them deeply and they will always bring me back to this specific time of life. A time where wearing comfortable clothes became the new normal, resources dwindled, and true values surfaced.
Additionally, this was a year that defined the important things in life and exercised the muscle of adaptability and grief. Feelings of sadness, loneliness, and loss are a part of life. When those things are explored more thoroughly, there is freedom in emotion and in the possibilities of life.
Most importantly, I hope that this list gave you some encouragement!
Let me know what kind of things you have learned this year.
Check out one of my favorite blue light glasses with this link.